These days, many people have different methods of treating ailments. Allopathy, Homeopathy, Herbal treatments, etc., are available as options for treating any kind of pain or stress-related symptoms. Many essential oils are also used to treat symptoms of ailments like stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, inflammation, etc. Many people rely on such methods to live a healthy and active life.
Essential oils are, basically, plant extracts that can be used for medicinal purposes. They have a unique scent and flavor that is imbibed from the plant itself. That is what becomes the 'essence' of the plant. Essential oils are obtained through distillation (via steam and/or water) or mechanical methods, such as cold pressing.
Once the chemicals are extracted, they are combined with a carrier oil and sold in the market. Some products contain oils that are obtained using chemical elements. Such products are not considered as true essential oils.
CBD oil is a compound that is extracted from the hemp plant without the psychotic element, THC, using the CO2 extraction method. It contains natural essence and flavor. CBD oil is known to offer many benefits and can cure many physiological as well as psychological ailments.
CBD oil contains 100% organic and 100% safe ingredients which help in keeping you fit while alleviating most of the health problems. It can also help you lead an active and much healthier lifestyle and also helps in boosting mood and keeping you relaxed.
Essential oils are most commonly used in the practice of aromatherapy. They are either inhaled or diluted and then rubbed on the skin. They contain certain chemicals that get absorbed by the skin and may interact in negative ways.
Humans are known to have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) which consists of receptors including the immune system, spinal cord, and brain. This is the system that helps to regulate various bodily functions like an immune response, sleep, and pain.
CBD interacts indirectly with ECS and the receptors. For example, CBD can stop the body from absorbing anandamide, which is the compound that is associated with regulating pain. This is how CBD can reduce the amount of pain that a person feels, as well as inflammation – which is an underlying cause of various painful conditions.
Since CBD interacts with the receptors in the brain, it improves the functioning of the brain as well. By reducing inflammation, it automatically alleviates the pain.
CBD oil interacts with our endocannabinoid system without causing any harm or adverse effect.
BENEFITS OF CBD OIL:
1. Treats anxiety and depression: A research on social anxiety conducted by Brazilian researchers saw that CBD reduced social anxiety by affecting the limbic and paralimbic areas of the brain
CBD can also treat depression. In these animal studies, CBD reduced the depression of mice. This is because of the activation of 5-HT1A receptors.
You should consult your doctor before ingesting CBD. However, CBD is fast-acting with minimal risk of side-effects.
2. CBD helps treat diabetes: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (where CBD was discovered) has been finding ways to use CBD in diabetes management. CBD can treat inflammation. Inflammation has a role in developing insulin resistance.
Type 2 diabetes is also cured by CBD. This includes sugar metabolism, strengthening of the immune system, improved heart function, and increased cell growth.
3. It can relieve you from cigarette addiction: By vaping CBD, you can get rid of your smoking habit. Rather than vaping tobacco, vape CBD.
A study done proved that those who took oral CBD in lieu of cigarettes did not experience cigarette cravings, even when brought with tobacco attentional bias (a picture of an ashtray, videos of others smoking, etc.). The participants didn’t smoke cigarettes for 12 hours before the study. CBD also targets the pleasure areas the way cigarettes do.
4. Treats acne: Acne is one of the most common skin problems. CBD is known to treat it better than other products. Inflammation occurs when bacteria, oil, sebum, and dead skin cells clog your pores. This is why some zits are red, swollen, and painful.
Since CBD is known to cure inflammation, it will take away the swollen and painful effects of acne as well. It prevents acne formation and reduces the amount of sebum in our pores.
5. CBD relieves PTSD: Those people who suffer from PTSD experience lower levels of anandamide, which is essential to feel joy and happiness. CBD works as an anandamide replacement. More research is being conducted on this.
6. It can treat Fibromyalgia Symptoms: Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder that causes a person to feel excruciating pain in his muscles and bones. Apart from drugs, there is no other treatment for it. So, many people are switching to CBD to cure the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, which include pain, inflammation, fatigue, insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, depression, and even restless leg syndrome. A study conducted in the year 2011 proved that CBD helped relieve fibromyalgia patients from all the mentioned symptoms.
7. Reduces back pain: 80% of the population experiences back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain is caused due to many reasons, some of which include injuries or sitting for long periods of time. CBD helps reduce the discomfort, but it cannot cure back pain completely
8. Treats Crohn’s Disease: Cannabis is known to cure Crohn’s disease and many similar digestive issues. The research isn’t confirmed yet, but since CBD can alleviate pain, it helps the patient cope with the stomach ache caused due to Crohn’s Disease.
9. Reduces Epilepsy: After lots of research and study, it has been discovered that CBD has the ability to reduce the number of epileptic seizures in children as well as adults. Epidiolex, a drug used to cure epileptic seizures, was approved by the US FDA in July 2018.
Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome that were resistant to anti-seizure medications responded positively to CBD.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT CBD OIL:
Since there are many companies selling CBD oil, you need to know which product or brand is apt for you. Here are a few factors that you should consider
1. Purity: Find an oil that contains only aromatic plant compounds, without additives or synthetic oils. Pure oils usually list the plant's botanical name (such as Lavandula officinalis), rather than terms like "essential oil of lavender."
2. Quality: It is important to know from where the CBD has been extracted. Ensure there is no chemical based extraction.
3. Reputation: The CBD product that you have purchased should have a brand name and manufacturing details. Also, it should be of high quality and free of chemicals.
Essential oils are safe to use but may also cause some side effects including rashes, asthma attacks, allergic reactions, etc. CBD oils do not cause any major side effects and are safer to use. They contain natural hemp extracts where the question of side effects, if at all, does not arise. Also, these products are 100% THC free and won't make you psychotic. Though, there are a few precautions like avoid overdosing, avoid taking warfarin along with CBD and also avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while ingesting CBD.