CBD has become very popular after the Farm Bill made its medicinal use legal in the year 2018. Since then, many people have used it in various forms to get relief from pain, stress, anxiety, depression, skin inflammations, nausea, insomnia, etc.
The cannabis plant consists of many compounds. There are a few compounds that have got people talking. Like CBD and THC. CBD is derived from hemp as well as marijuana. It does not contain any psychoactive element and works effectively.
CBD or Cannabidiol that is derived from the hemp plant is anti-psychotic, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant in nature. It is legal in all 50 states of the United States.
The human body consists of an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that receives and translates signals from cannabinoids. It produces some cannabinoids of its own, which are called endocannabinoids. The ECS helps to regulate functions such as sleep, immune-system responses, and pain.
CBD is derived from marijuana as well as hemp. It is legal to grow hemp in the United States after President Donald Trump signed a new Farm Bill in 2018.
CBD is very beneficial to health. It can keep you active and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. It can alleviate many physical as well as psychological disorders without causing a psychotic effect on the user.
The benefits of CBD are as follows:
1. It helps in pain management : CBD has the potential to reduce all sorts of pain, including joint pain, arthritis, etc., without causing any major side effects. Since it is derived from the hemp plant, it contains natural ingredients that can help it fight any intensity of pain.
2. It helps in reducing anxiety and depression : CBD can be used for reducing anxiety and depression. It helps in making the body calm, relaxed and composed by reducing the levels of depression and inducing a feeling of happiness and positivity.
3. It can help in reducing skin inflammations : CBD can be helpful in reducing skin inflammations like acne, scars, pimples, blemishes, Psoriasis, etc. It helps in regulating the production of sebum which is a waxy substance that clogs the skin pores and causes skin inflammations.
4. It can prevent neurodegenerative disorders : CBD interacts with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to prevent neurological disorders like Parkinson's, Epilepsy, Alzheimer's', etc.
5. It can improve heart health : High blood pressure is linked to higher risks of a number of health conditions, including stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. CBD has the ability to reduce blood pressure (in BP patients) and regulate cardiovascular functions. It can also prevent clogging of the arteries and other cardiac disorders.
6. It helps in reducing stress : CBD is effective in reducing the stress levels by making the body calm and relaxed. It also helps in boosting your mood and keeping stress at bay.
7. It can be used for sleep : CBD can be used to tackle insomnia and other sleep disorders. It is recommended to use CBD for sleep.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) held its first public hearing on the regulation of CBD infused products. CBD is widely known for its medicinal benefits and is being studied by researchers to go deeper into the subject. The FDA is concerned with the management and marketing method used to promote CBD to the public. Hence, it has come up with rules and regulations on how it should be used. Most importantly, cannabidiol products cannot be sold as dietary supplements.
The 2018 Farm Bill elevated the restrictions on hemp cultivation, which then became a stepping stone for CBD to prove its worth. Since then, CBD is being promoted as a medicine. The drug Epidiolex is approved by the FDA to treat two rare forms of Epilepsy. Epidiolex contains a higher amount of CBD than other CBD infused products and needs a valid prescription for purchase.
Products with high levels of CBD could be restricted and require a prescription, whereas products with low levels of CBD would be available in the market. The lower dose products could be sold over-the-counter in natural food stores, drug stores, and grocery stores.
"Questions remain regarding the safety considerations raised by the widespread use of these products," FDA officials wrote in a Federal Register notice about the hearing. "These questions could impact the approaches we consider taking in regulating the development and marketing of products."
"When the farm bill passed last year, we were beyond thrilled. This ended a multi-decade prohibition on hemp," says Jonathan Miller who serves as general counsel to the U.S. Hemp Roundtable, a coalition of dozens of hemp companies. "It was a historic moment."
"We really need the FDA to join in and help us lay a path toward a regulated legal product," Miller says. This is the main message he says he'll deliver during the hearing.
CBD is available in many forms like CBD infused tincture oils, balms, lotions, tea, coffee, gummies, honey, pet care, etc. It is recommended to consult your health care expert before using any CBD infused products. Women who are pregnant, nursing, or suffering from any other medical condition should always consult their physician before using any of these products. These products should be kept away from the reach of children and stored in a cool and dry place.
CBD is very helpful in alleviating physiological and psychological disorders. It can help you live a healthy and active lifestyle without causing any major side effects. You can use CBD for regulating age disorders like wrinkles, arthritis, diabetes, etc. Incorporate CBD in your daily life for remaining fit, active, and healthy.