CBD has become the most-acclaimed medicinal substance in the United States after people started using it as a multi-purpose solution for all their health ailments like pain, stress, sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, skin inflammations, nausea, etc. Right from the common man to the athletes, CBD has created frenzy amongst all.
CBD is an abbreviation for Cannabidiol that is derived from the hemp plant. This substance is known for its anti-psychotic, anti-depressant, anti-anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant properties that help it curb pain and other problems without causing a 'high.'
CBD contains cannabinoids that interact with the human body’s naturally-formed Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS is a group of internal cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and the Central as well as the Peripheral Nervous System. This system is responsible for carrying out various functions like appetite stimulation, mood enhancement, relaxation, etc.
CBD and THC are the members of the cannabis family. THC is known to cause a psychoactive effect and may affect a person’s mental state. Cannabidiol contains only traces of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), hence it won’t cause psychotropic effects.
CBD with less than 0.3% THC is legal for its medicinal use in all 50 states in America. It is available in many forms like tincture oils, CBD-infused pain relief balms and lotions, CBD edibles like honey and gummies, and CBD-infused beverages like CBD tea and coffee.
CBD helps in the healing process of muscles spasms and skin inflammations that are caused due to excessive workouts and exertion. Due to a strenuous lifestyle, many athletes do not realize the amount of strain that is applied to their bodies. Making your body perfect for sports activities involves lots of struggle, both physically and mentally.
CBD helps athletes in the following manner:
- CBD is effective in relieving a person from the pain that is caused due to an injury or overexertion of muscles during exercise.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may help in reducing skin inflammations, but they may cause side-effects. CBD can be used as an alternative to NSAIDS since it is 100% organic and will not cause major side-effects. The frequent use of NSAIDs may increase your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Opioids are highly effective for pain management but come with risks of addiction and death due to overdose. CBD is effective in reducing pain without causing fatal reactions. But, it should be taken as prescribed by the physician.
- Skin inflammations can be caused during workout sessions. You can use CBD-infused products to get rid of them. CBD acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in fighting muscle soreness and muscle spasms due to its anti-spasmodic properties. It will also help in alleviating gut problems that are caused due to skin inflammations.
- Your body needs rest after a workout session. Once you fall asleep, a growth hormone is produced that supports all metabolic functions. CBD helps in inducing sleep after stressful workouts and provides a calming effect on the body.
CBD has been the next option for fitness after exercise and workout. It has not only improved the quality of life but has also made athletes stronger, fitter and more energetic. It helps them cope with their stress and strain without causing any discomfort.
Here are a few statements made by them regarding CBD and its impact on their professional lives.
- He has his own brand of CBD products called Odom 7. "CBD is a miracle drug, and it's a drug I'm proud to say I partake in every day," Odom told Yahoo Finance in an extensive interview this week for the release of his revealing new memoir. "It helps me with my anxiety. Anxiety for me was big because it led to poor decision-making. So for me to be able to curb that is important. Any kind of ailment you may have, whether it's dry skin, to a scrape, to a cut, any inflammation in your body, your joints, your bones, take a drop, put it on, it heals right up."
- He praises the health benefits of CBD just as forcefully. "It works, and it changed my life," he told Yahoo Finance in May. "When I knew CBD works is when I had problems with my elbow... all the years of fighting, I couldn’t really do push-ups, and whenever I lifted weights, it was big pain. Then I started taking CBD, and after a week I noticed less pain, and I could do a full push-up... I take my CBD supplements every day. I do the bath bombs, the creams, I do it all. I was skeptical at first, but it works."
- He says another reason CBD is so appealing to pro athletes is as an approved alternative to banned substances. "I've seen that [CBD is] all they make in that facility, so there's no contamination. So for me it looked the safest. As an athlete who gets drug-tested, I was looking for a safe brand."
CBD has always been in the news for a long time and people are using it to relieve themselves from physical as well as psychological illnesses. It has been a game changer in their lives and has made it much easier to tackle problems. Athletes use CBD for healing wounds, fighting pain, reducing skin inflammations, gaining energy, and lots more. Hence, it is CBD that keeps them going for all tournaments and matches.